09 March 2009

Of Nerves

I was born nervous. I think. Well, why did i come out 2 days after the water broke? My mum was probably cursing this stubborn baby the whole time hehehe...

*sigh*. My nerves got a good attack today. Tomorrow is a big day for me...well my paranoia made it big...i had to follow my boss to meet the Customer (a big one, locally, i tell you...)...as i will be taking over of the job co-ordinating from my colleague who will be taking 2 months maternity leave.

He's a boss who's persistent. I don't have to describe more.

Not that i mind that much about the new responsibility...so long as i'm able to learn...but the real problem lies in the other staffs' excitement about the new arrangement. They even predicted that i will face more stress with this job and i should ask for a pay rise. I felt like slamming a black-butted kuali on their noses...

Every real job creates stress. So what's new? And i do not believe in being paid for more than i'm worth...for those of you pestering me to pester my boss about my paycheck, BUZZ OFF.

They say remember your parents when you feel lost. I did. Mum says i should just DO it and ignore what people say. And she also knows how it's very hard for me to ignore people.

My dad says something which makes me remember my own principles: do not think of rewards. Do your job WELL and do not always take the easiest way of doing work. Looking at his painting, i see his honesty. I see his commitment towards quality. He takes care of the little2 tiny2 details that other artists would just be glad to ignore. And his clients appreciate his work.

*sigh* how come my parents are so strong...

I was thinking too much i got a bad headache. But today's not all tense...there's a Rainbow in my life (hmm, my nickname for my new inspiration) and it cheered my heart up :)

And to add more calm, i ask for peace from the ONE who is Always Around....and i got it.

Thank you...Praises to HIM!!

Note: i now understood fully my father's Virgo traits after sitting with him while he paints, this evening. He's a Virgo, but why is he so cluttered and disorganised in his surroundings???

The magical answer is: he is busy pouring out all his energy and spirit and into his paintings. And his paintings are DETAIL ORIENTED it makes you dizzy just wondering at his effort to create the details. He 'spruces' it up to make it 'flawless'...he makes it so 'clean'...he criticises it harshly (we all have a grrreeeaattt time convincing him that it is already fine and the client will like it but no...he is still unsatisfied.) That's where you can see the Virgo side of him...

Other than that, you would just see his Sagittarian fun-lovingness and Leo demeanour...in his Moon and Ascendant respectively...

Hmm. It's all in the mind. The mind works wonders. Now i need to sleep, to rest.

Venus will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. nampak sangat mrk2 tu sumer jeles, saja nak bagi awak susah hati,just ignore them girl!! Buang masa kita yg berharga ni je drp.melayan cakap2 org yg belum tentu ada kebenarannya,betul tak?

    Good luck Bird!!! (nak cari nama burung yg seswai dgn awak,tok beh lah panggei deme Bird,hihih..)

    ReplyDelete