05 July 2009

Your Heart


The Morning sky from my almost lonely days.
Have you ever felt, whenever you listen to an old favourite song of which you haven't heard in many years, a flutter of feeling in your chest region? The heart beats faster? Or...flutters, in my case.

I do. Every song is always automatically associated with the situation / season/ phase of my life at the time of my liking of the song. And after a few years when i listen to it again...all memories come washing through my very soul. And makes my heart, overflow with many many emotions which can even make me scared...

I'm listening to Send My Best by Holly Valance from her 1st album back in 2003...bought for her autograph signing where my then pre-teen little brother got to peck Ms. Valance on her cheek. All on his own impulse. Leaving my parents so bewildered and his sister delighted...coz he was showing signs of being more braver than I am...and it is true till now :)

It is a very bittersweet and deep (for me) song...but the lyrics are contrasting, and of course i'm not a lyrical listener...

How much i miss my Self.

But it is coming back...

This song is giving me the shivers.

1 comment:

  1. Haaaaaa....baru bole letak komen. Lagu lama memang mengusik jiwa,hihih.. Light, ur mailing address pls..nk post souvenir ;D

    ReplyDelete