03 January 2010

Squiggy the Squish

I'm just remembering that bread by Gardenia called Squiggles. Wonder where have they gone? Or maybe i haven't been to shops lately, but noooo...i see so many other new breads...hmm not that it's my favourite but it does match it's name...the cream, the flavour, the pattern of the colour icing...squiggly.

I'm actually half-lucid. Where the HELL do all these bread memories come from i also don't know.

I'm crazy (literally) over the new Envirosax bag i bought. I saw it at the Curve bazaar, just looked at it, attracted by the designs but it doesn't capture my fancy as i've never been a user of soft material bags...more so this type...

But yesterday i bought it. It beckoned to me twice in Metrojaya. Well because my mother DID suggest to me to buy a bag to put all the shopping that i would do in KLCC. And when she said that, this particular bag popped into my mind :)

Oh the joy of that simple, SO SIMPLE, quirky, polyester, eco-friendly bag with beautiful design (mine is red, the Graphic range)...i didn't have to carry those dreadful plastic bags by the handles and making my fingers look like it's going to come off at any second...

Bought it for 19.90RM and plop goes all my precious things of the day...books for myself and my father, toiletries for my family. Shopping toiletries pun kat Watsons KLCC. My friend was like what...beli kat rumah pun bleh benda2 ni...but i'm one of those simple creatures (complicated in my other unique way lah) whose shopping methods are quite unlike the AVERAGE female.

Dah plan nak gi situ...situ plak ada my favourite haunt, which is Watson's...kebetulan it's time to update my family's necessities...beli je lah. And i'm almost always in charge of toiletries-buying in my family. And when i see something i like, i don't go browsing around for 'other choices', i buy it right then and there. No fickle-mindedness (no offense to any avid shoppers reading this :))

Ditto for the bag. I just look at it the second time while walking around in Metrojaya accompanying my friend to buy a birthday present for her male friend...i pick a colour and pay. Takes no more than 10 minutes. No looking back no hesitating...most importantly, it was a necessity, not something on a whim or just because it looks nice.

Today is the second day of my day-out with the bag. To Low-Yatt Plaza with my family. Wheeeeee....i get to fill ALOT of things in my bag!! Look, no lugging around plastic bags! Just me and my pretty bag :)

I plan to ask my mum to take it and use it whenever she goes grocery shopping. Masuk buah durian ke, ikan keli ke, nasi lemak bungkus ke, pun takpe. As long as we are able to say NO to plastic :) Hey, it's washable too.

And aesthetically pleasing.

I'm using my new keyboard. My old keyboard has been working for me since 2004, back in Desasiswa Tekun, USM Penang in my 2nd semester 1st year...sweet black keyboard of mine...but it has gone haywire...my Zs are deletion buttons, my @ and my " interchange, my As are song changers.

Welcome, new silent soft keyboard.

And a CSL phone, too. Still figuring and exploring the features.

And a friend of mine told me he was admitted to hospital (grammar check) for fever...since Wednesday and never told his family, just friends. And why did he choose to tell me now? He said it's because he think's of me as one of his best friends.

I hope he gets well soon.

2 comments:

  1. What? Entry ni takde 'gambar sebagai hiasan?' I tot you visited so many tempat? Kalau a 'camwhore' macam I ni.... snap - snap -snap - till dead! (The battery) Tarok la gambar, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...mmg betul, entry ni patut ada gambar...i shall update soon! But no pics of myself laaa :D I'm more of a Miscellaneous Objects Photographer

    ReplyDelete